Did you know that there are 1 billion websites on the Web today? How are people going to find your website in that digital clutter? I have a lot of great ideas that I’ve gleaned from nearly 20 years of experience launching 1000’s of websites and the one constant with every job is that launching a website is just the beginning. The real work begins after the site is launched and the client is ready to experience a return on their investment (ROI).
Driving traffic to a website requires strategy and consistency. I can identify at least 100 ways to drive traffic to your site, but let’s just start with a few DIY digital marketing tips to get you going.
- Search engine optimize your site (SEO). If you don’t know whether or not it’s already optimized, start with a quick keyword search to see where your site shows up. The ultimate goal is to be in the top 10 search engine results page (SERP).
- Blog on your site. The more relevant and useful content you have on your site, the more likely your site will attract more visitors and keep them coming back.
- Send out email newsletters. This is a great way to proactively engage with your target audience. Build that contact list and drop value bombs on a regular basis.
- Optimize Social Profiles. If you have an active profile on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc, make sure to optimize your profile with relevant keywords and a link to your website.
- Social Syndication. Whenever you publish a blog post on your site, share that link on all of your relevant social sites. Make sure to switch up the message to accommodate the format so you can get more engagement.
- Keywords are Key. If you had only 5 keywords/phrases to describe what you did, could you consistently use those phrases every time you post new content online? If the answer is yes, then identify that list and use it often so you’ll be seen as a relevant source whenever people search for those terms.
- Social Shares. Your blog posts should have social share buttons to encourage your readers to share on their social sites. The more visibility your post gets, the more traffic your site will receive.
Pick at least one of these tips this week and give it a try.
Don’t try to tackle everything at once.
If you have other DIY Digital Marketing Tips, share in the comments.
Spread the love and click the social icons below to share this with your people.