At Opportunity Knocks, we all are firm believers that entrepreneurs and strong organizations are the basis for healthy communities.
We are thrilled that you and your business are a part of the Opportunity Knocks community! Your contribution to your teammates is what makes Opportunity Knocks and the Central Oregon business community successful, vibrant and unique.
We are excited to share with you a few of the changes we are in the midst of making.
- The Board appointed Jim Schell as its new Board Chair. Bill Scannell continues in his role as OK’s President.
- Susie Stevens will be leaving her current position with OK as Facilitator Relations Director on September 1. Susie has been an integral part of OK for 19 years and will be greatly missed! Susie can be reached at [email protected].
- OK hired me (Aly Waibel) as Executive Director. In my first weeks at OK, I have been incredibly impressed with the amount of talent, expertise and success represented in Opportunity Knocks. It is an honor to serve the organization and its members, and I look forward to visiting your teams. I’ve enjoyed working closely with Susie during this transition, and am very grateful for her extensive OK knowledge and expertise.
- Following a vote by the OK membership to increase the allowable number of OK Board members, the OK Board of Directors will comprise 19 community and business leaders. The Board will be adopting the “Entrepreneurial Team” model, ensuring all 19 board members will be actively involved in planning and executing OK’s growth strategy. To cast your vote to amend OK Bylaws to expand the OK board, please join us at the Bend Golf and Country Club on Wednesday, August 26 at 5 pm.
- OK has a lovely new website thanks to our sponsor Alpine Internet. The member directory will be redesigned in the coming months. To make updates and changes to your information for the directory, please use this form.
- Would you like more exposure for your business? We’re revitalizing the OK blog and would love to feature you and your business. Tell the story of your business and/or share news and updates; or thoughts about the Central Oregon business community. Submit your post here or email Aly at [email protected] for more ideas. Please be sure to include photos of you and your business with your submission. Blog posts will be featured on our social media sites as well.
- Another way to gain exposure is to submit a testimonial about your OK experience via the link or email address above. How long have you been an OK member? How has your OK team helped you grow? What’s the best thing about being an OK member? What is your favorite OK moment or memory? Your testimonial may be selected and highlighted on the OK home page!
- OK is in the process of revamping its sponsorship program. You’ll soon have the option to sponsor your team – your team will take the name of your business, and your business will be featured on OK materials, on the OK website and at our annual celebration. You’ll be hearing more about this sponsorship option from your Facilitator.
- Please plan to attend the 2015 OK Annual Celebration in February of 2016, where we’ll present awards based on several fun and inspiring metrics of OK success for the 2015 year. Look for the event date and time later this year.
- Finally, please be on the lookout for a member survey coming soon. Your input and feedback is tremendously valuable as OK continues to grow and change to meet your needs and the needs of the community.