Facilitators – Learn More
Being an OK Facilitator
The facilitator is responsible for leading and directing a group of 7-12 members that meet monthly to improve their business or their role within their organization. The facilitator adheres to and promotes the guiding principles and proven practices of Opportunity Knocks; which include individual accountability, commitment and confidentiality. The facilitator is charged with organizing and directing the flow of the monthly meetings, causing team members to think strategically, solve problems and achieve goals. The facilitator maintains regular contact with the Executive Director to ensure the health of the team.
Essential Job Duties
- Lead monthly team meetings
- Prepare agenda before the meeting and disseminate notes after the meeting
- Control flow of the meeting to ensure everyone’s needs are being fulfilled
- Meet with potential new team members to insure best team placement
- Invite guest speakers to present on particular areas of interest
- Survey members for team health and individual needs assessment
- Attend OK sponsored events
Key Questions For You
- Why would you be interested in becoming an OK Facilitator?
- What are the skills that you could bring to a team?
- Do you have experience in leading meetings?
- Would you be comfortable in following a proven meeting template and keeping team members accountable?