CCT Training at OSU-Cascades
Learn helpful tools to de-stress
Create a positive workplace
Improve your relationships
What is CCT?
Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT) is a professional development program designed at Stanford University. The program includes practical tools and exercises designed to enhance your awareness, compassion and resilience.
Why is it Important in the context of an organization?
CCT will help you relate more positively to others and engage more successfully with clients, staff and coworkers, to improve employee retention and overall workplace performance.
Research shows it is possible to learn compassion and leadership skills – these are not just traits you’re born with, or without. High performing leaders and work environments are compassionate. And training helps! (Read more here)
What Will I Get Out of It?
You’ll walk away from each CCT class with tools and practices you can immediately put to work to help improve your workplace performance, organizational culture, and individual well-being. CCT will give you tools to:
- Improve awareness
- Increase connection to others, to increase your effectiveness and influence
- Decrease the distress you may feel in difficult situations
How is the Course Structured?
CCT is a two-hour weekly interactive class. Class includes:
- Group discussion to share learning experiences
- Meditation to improve awareness
- Listening and communication exercises to strengthen empathy
- Homework: Daily compassion meditation practices and real-world assignments
Who is the Instructor?
Aly Waibel, PhD, has over fifteen years of experience teaching adults in a variety of businesses and communities. She was one of the first Certified Instructors of CCT, and is currently the only Certified Instructor in Central Oregon. Since 2013, Aly has facilitated public and private CCT classes in Tucson, AZ, Portland, OR and Bend, OR. She is the Executive Director of Opportunity Knocks.
- Six Mondays October 30 – December 11 (November 27th off for Thanksgiving)
- 4pm to 6pm at OSU-Cascades
- Tuition: $245
- 12 Continuing Education Credits available for Psychologists, LCSWs, MFTs and Nurses
Class is full!
Sign up here to receive news about future courses